- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Dorothy L. Connolly Luther Acres resident, worked at Wellesley College
Dorothy L. Connolly, a resident of Luther Acres, Lititz, died Tuesday, April 9, 2013 after a brief illness.
Born in New Britain, Conn., she was the daughter of the late Frank and Sarah (Butler) Leist. Dorothy was married to the late Gerard H. Connolly for 61 years. She and her husband lived in Maplewood N.J., Newton Mass., Albany N.Y., Wellesley Mass. and retired to Pocasset, Mass. before moving to Lancaster in 1994. Her brother was the late F. Paul Leist of West Newton, Mass.
Surviving are two children: Susan C. Eckert (Gerald) of Lancaster and Peter B. Connolly (Colleen) of Albany, N.Y.; four grandchildren: Courtney C. Weisberg (Jack) of Albany, N.Y.; Andrew C. Eckert (Ashlee) of Havertown; Ashley L. Connolly of Atlanta, Ga.; and Timothy E. Eckert of Lancaster; and one great grandson, Noah H. Weisberg of Albany, N.Y.
Dorothy graduated from Columbia Hish School in Maplewood, N.J. and Katherine Gibbs School.
Dorothy worked for Raytheon as an executive assistant. Later in her career, she worked at Wellesley College in financial aid and the Office of the Dean of the College. Dorothy retired from Zayre Corporation where she was an executive assistant in the office of the CEO.
An avid card player, she enjoyed bridge and other card games. Her passion was reading. She instilled her love of books in her children and grandchildren.
A celebration of life ceremony will be held at Luther Acres, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, April 22 at 10 a.m. in the Community Room next to the Chapel with the Rev. E. Walter Cleckley officiating. Private Interment will be in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial gifts may be made to the Connolly Scholarship Fund at Millersville University in her honor, Development Office, Alumni House, Millersville University, 205 N. George St., Millersville, PA 17551.
To send the family online condolences, please visit snyderfuneralhome.com.