- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Dorothy G. Geller89, Landis Homes resident
Dorothy G. Geller, 89, of Lancaster, formerly of Reading, passed away Sunday, July 24, 2011 at Landis Homes in Lititz.
Born in Reading on July 15, 1922, she was the daughter of the late Jacob L. and Anna G. (Elisowitz) Graff. She was the wife of Samuel J. Geller, who passed away in 1974.
Dorothy was a 1939 graduate of Reading High School. She was co-owner with her husband of a grocery store and later owned and managed various real estate holdings with her husband in Lancaster. Mrs. Geller was a member and former vice president of Congregation Shomrei Habrith Synagogue, where she also managed the synagogue cemetery for many years. She was a former member of Temple Beth El in Lancaster, where she was also a member of Sisterhood. The temple, Sisterhood, friends and family all benefited from her flair for fashion, floral design and decorating.
She is survived by a son: Allan E. Geller, husband of Nan W. Chamberlain, of Lancaster; a daughter: Mitzi E. (Geller) Schreck, of Sunnyvale, Calif.; and two grandchildren: Shawn S. Geller and Jenna T. Schreck.
She was preceded in death by two brothers: Morris U. Graff and Seymore Graff; and two sisters: Lillian (Graff) Rothman and Mildred (Graff) Keyser.
Services were held July 27 at Bean Funeral Home, Reading, with Rabbi Stephan O. Parnes officiating. Interment was held in Shomrei Habrith Cemetery. Contributions may be made to The Jewish Federation of Reading, 1100 Berkshire Blvd., Wyomissing, PA 19610, or Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive. P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125. Online condolences may be made at beanfuneralhomes.com