- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Doris N. Antes78, Hosanna! member, crocheted baby blankets
Doris N. Antes, 78, of Lititz, passed away Wednesday, May 9, 2012 at United Zion Retirement Community.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Amos and Myrtle Fisher West and the wife of the late Robert D. Antes, Sr.
She was a member of Hosanna! A Fellowship of Christians, Lititz. Doris enjoyed crocheting and knitting and made many blankets for the new babies at her church. Prior to her retirement, she worked for Alcoa in Lancaster.
Survivors include her children: Linda, wife of John Amand, of Lititz; Robert D. Jr., husband of Nancy, of State College; Nancy, wife of Geary Southwick, of Brownstown; James, husband of Dawn, of Manheim; eight grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; sisters: Janet, wife of Edward Costrello; Carol, wife of Paul Creamer; and Abby Thompson; and brothers: Andrew, husband of Connie Rosser; Robert, husband of Elsie West; and Tim, husband of Judy Trissler.
She was preceded in death by her sisters: Velma Chism and Leona Kuhn.
The funeral service was held on May 14 at Hosanna! A Fellowship of Christians, Lititz. Burial was held in Memory Gardens, Ephrata.
Contributions may be made in her memory to the United Zion Good Samaritan Fund, 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543.
For online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.