- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
74, administ. secretary, doll collector
Doris Louise Martzall, 74, of Lancaster, passed away Sunday, Oct. 27, 2013, at Brethren Village.
She was born in Ephrata to the late Nathan and Naomi (Wampler) Martzall.
Doris was a member of the Middle Creek Church of the Brethren. She was a 1957 graduate of Manheim Township High School. During her working years, Doris worked as an administrative secretary for Lebanon Valley Brethren Home for over 20 years. She enjoyed her doll collection and traveling as hobbies.
She is survived by a brother: Glenn D., husband of Dorcas Metzler of New Holland; a sister: Joyce, wife of the late Ralph N. Teplitz of New Holland; three nieces: Laurie, wife of the late Rob Russell; Tana, wife of Burt Hey; Cindy, wife of Keith Shaffer and a nephew: Timothy, husband of Wendy Martzall.
A graveside service will be held Oct. 30, at 3 p.m. at the Mohler’s Brethren Cemetery, E. Mohler Church Rd., Ephrata. Friends and family may attend.
Memorial contributions in Doris’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604,
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.