- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Doris M. Vollmar 87, Moravian Manor resident, skilled seamstress
Doris Mary (Moloney) Vollmar died Friday, Oct. 5, 2012 at age 87.
Recently of Moravian Manor in Lititz and long-time resident of Lancaster, she was born in Philadelphia to the late Josephine and Richard Moloney and lived in Delanco, N.J., for 30 years. Last December, she was predeceased by Paul P. Vollmar, her husband of 65 years.
Doris dedicated her life to the care of her family as a loving wife and enthusiastic mother. She created a home characterized by warmth, decor and wonderful food. She was skilled in sewing and many needlecrafts, enjoyed collecting angels and cultivating flowers. A friend to many, her service outside the home included leadership of Zurbrugg Memorial Hospital Auxiliary and membership in the Altar Guild of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, the Red Hat Society and the Susquehanna Angel Collectors Club.
She is survived by her sister: Jane Borden (Chick), of New Jersey; and sister-in-law: Norma Vollmar, of Summerfield, Fla.; sons: Paul, husband of Jody; Dennis, husband of Debbie; Don and Charles; grandson: Denny; and two great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at Moravian Manor, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, Oct. 20 at 2 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Health Ministries of Christ Lutheran Church, 124 S. 13th St., Harrisburg, PA 17104.
Arrangements are being made by Auer Cremation Services of PA Inc.