- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Doris M. Vollmar 87, Moravian Manor resident, skilled seamstress
Doris Mary (Moloney) Vollmar died Friday, Oct. 5, 2012 at age 87.
Recently of Moravian Manor in Lititz and long-time resident of Lancaster, she was born in Philadelphia to the late Josephine and Richard Moloney and lived in Delanco, N.J., for 30 years. Last December, she was predeceased by Paul P. Vollmar, her husband of 65 years.
Doris dedicated her life to the care of her family as a loving wife and enthusiastic mother. She created a home characterized by warmth, decor and wonderful food. She was skilled in sewing and many needlecrafts, enjoyed collecting angels and cultivating flowers. A friend to many, her service outside the home included leadership of Zurbrugg Memorial Hospital Auxiliary and membership in the Altar Guild of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, the Red Hat Society and the Susquehanna Angel Collectors Club.
She is survived by her sister: Jane Borden (Chick), of New Jersey; and sister-in-law: Norma Vollmar, of Summerfield, Fla.; sons: Paul, husband of Jody; Dennis, husband of Debbie; Don and Charles; grandson: Denny; and two great-grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at Moravian Manor, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, Oct. 20 at 2 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that donations be made to the Health Ministries of Christ Lutheran Church, 124 S. 13th St., Harrisburg, PA 17104.
Arrangements are being made by Auer Cremation Services of PA Inc.