- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Doris I. Riggins 86, homemaker, Luther Acres resident
Doris I. Riggins, 86, a resident of Luther Acres, died Saturday, Dec. 3, 2011.
She was the wife of the late Ralph G. Riggins Jr., who died in 2002. Born in Reading, she was the daughter of the late Frank and Elsie Dornan Rothermal.
Doris was a homemaker and a member of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd. Her interests included gardening, reading and her involvement with church activities.
Surviving are two daughters: Nancy R., wife of Michael S. Letts, of Newtown Square; and Karen A., wife of Al W. Colussi, of Pittsburgh; a son: David Riggins; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
A funeral service was held on Dec. 7 at the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Lancaster, with the Rev. Mark L. Russell officiating. Interment was private in the Valley Forge Memorial Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in her memory may be made to Luthercare, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543.
To send an online condolence to the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.