- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Doris I. Riggins 86, homemaker, Luther Acres resident
Doris I. Riggins, 86, a resident of Luther Acres, died Saturday, Dec. 3, 2011.
She was the wife of the late Ralph G. Riggins Jr., who died in 2002. Born in Reading, she was the daughter of the late Frank and Elsie Dornan Rothermal.
Doris was a homemaker and a member of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd. Her interests included gardening, reading and her involvement with church activities.
Surviving are two daughters: Nancy R., wife of Michael S. Letts, of Newtown Square; and Karen A., wife of Al W. Colussi, of Pittsburgh; a son: David Riggins; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
A funeral service was held on Dec. 7 at the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Lancaster, with the Rev. Mark L. Russell officiating. Interment was private in the Valley Forge Memorial Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in her memory may be made to Luthercare, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543.
To send an online condolence to the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.