- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Doris I. Riggins 86, homemaker, Luther Acres resident
Doris I. Riggins, 86, a resident of Luther Acres, died Saturday, Dec. 3, 2011.
She was the wife of the late Ralph G. Riggins Jr., who died in 2002. Born in Reading, she was the daughter of the late Frank and Elsie Dornan Rothermal.
Doris was a homemaker and a member of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd. Her interests included gardening, reading and her involvement with church activities.
Surviving are two daughters: Nancy R., wife of Michael S. Letts, of Newtown Square; and Karen A., wife of Al W. Colussi, of Pittsburgh; a son: David Riggins; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
A funeral service was held on Dec. 7 at the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Lancaster, with the Rev. Mark L. Russell officiating. Interment was private in the Valley Forge Memorial Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in her memory may be made to Luthercare, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543.
To send an online condolence to the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.