- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Doris I. Riggins 86, homemaker, Luther Acres resident
Doris I. Riggins, 86, a resident of Luther Acres, died Saturday, Dec. 3, 2011.
She was the wife of the late Ralph G. Riggins Jr., who died in 2002. Born in Reading, she was the daughter of the late Frank and Elsie Dornan Rothermal.
Doris was a homemaker and a member of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd. Her interests included gardening, reading and her involvement with church activities.
Surviving are two daughters: Nancy R., wife of Michael S. Letts, of Newtown Square; and Karen A., wife of Al W. Colussi, of Pittsburgh; a son: David Riggins; three grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
A funeral service was held on Dec. 7 at the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Lancaster, with the Rev. Mark L. Russell officiating. Interment was private in the Valley Forge Memorial Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in her memory may be made to Luthercare, 600 E. Main St., Lititz, PA 17543.
To send an online condolence to the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.