- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Doris D. Snavely83, Sporting Hill School retiree, active Manheim volunteer
Doris D. Snavely, 83, formerly of Manheim, died peacefully Thursday, March 29, 2012 at the Primrose Retirement Community, Zanesville, Ohio.
Born in Manheim she was the daughter of the late Samuel K. and Erma Keath Derr. Doris was the loving wife of the late, Elam G. Snavely who died in 2007.
Doris retired after working in the food service department for the Manheim Central School District Sporting Hill School; previously she was employed at the Rymar Manufacturing Inc., Paul’s Mobile Homes, the former Naugle’s Garment Factory and Raymark Industries, all of Manheim. She was a 1947 graduate of the former Manheim High School. She was a member of St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, Manheim, where she sang in the choir and was on the food committee. Doris was a board member and volunteer for the Nearly New Shop and a member of the Hope Fire Engine and Hose Co. #1 Auxiliary, of Manheim. Her other memberships included: Manheim Historical Society, Stiegel Roses Senior Citizens Group and the Rambling Roses Camping Club, all of Manheim. Doris enjoyed reading, crabbing and working in her gardens. She was a passionate Manheim Central Barons football fan.
Surviving are a daughter: Sandra, wife of Dr. Gregory S. Keagy, of Zanesville, Ohio; a son: Steven, husband of Teresa Stringham Snavely, of Towanda; eight grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend her funeral service at St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, Manheim, April 5 at 10:30 a.m. Interment will be in Penryn Cemetery, Penn Township.
In lieu of flowers memorial contributions may be sent in Doris’s memory to Hospice of Central Ohio, 2269 Cherry Valley Road, Newark, Ohio 43055.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.