- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
DonnaMarie C. Leberfinger 73, nurse, cooking enthusiast
DonnaMarie C. (Grimminger) Leberfinger, 73, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, July 31, 2012 at the Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy Center.
Born in Altoona, she was the daughter of Ernest E. Grimminger of Altoona and the late Blanche A. (Rieper) Grimminger. DonnaMarie was the wife of Paul E. Leberfinger with whom she celebrated 54 years of marriage.
DonnaMarie attended the Willow Street Vo-Tech for nursing. Before she retired, she was an LPN for Dr. Frank C. Noonan Family Practice in Ephrata. She enjoyed knitting, crocheting and flower gardening. DonnaMarie was a great cook. She also loved cruises to the Western and Eastern Caribbean, Disney World and Las Vegas trips. She loved spending time at their beach house in Rehoboth Beach, Del.
In addition to her husband, Paul, and father, Ernest, she is survived by three daughters: Theresa M. Leberfinger, of Lancaster; Paula R., wife of the late Michael L. Mishler, of Manheim; and Heather L., wife of Larry W. Wade, of Lititz; five siblings: Arline L., wife of Robert Leberfiner, Edward C., husband of Judith Grimminger, David E., husband of Barbara Grimminger, and Janice K. Manning, all of Altoona; and Diane L., wife of Edward Schorner, of Lititz; and several nieces and nephews.
A mass of Christian burial was held on Aug. 6 at St. James Catholic Church, Lititz, with Rev. James O’Blaney, C.Ss.R., as celebrant. Interment took place on Aug. 7 at Calvary Cemetery, Altoona.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made in DonnaMarie’s memory to the Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604 or hospiceoflancaster.org or the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.