- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Donald Reighard Sr. Owned Lititz contracting business, served in National Guard
Donald "Pete" Reighard Sr., of Lititz, passed away Thursday, Sept. 20, 2012 at Hospice and Community Care, Lancaster.
He was the husband of the late Ruth M. Craft Reighard, who died in 2007. Born in Lewistown, he was the son of the late Lester Norman and Gladys Elizabeth Seece Reighard.
Pete has served in the Pennsylvania National Guard and was of the protestant faith. He was an owner/operator for Daily Trucking, Carlisle, and Donald "Pete" Reighard Contracting, Lititz. Pete was a member of the Re-Tread Motorcycle Club since 1980 and the Happy Pappies. He enjoyed motorcycles and model trains.
Surviving are three children: Donald "Pete" Jr., husband of Doris Reighard, of Elizabethtown; and Joan Reighard and Robert Reighard, both of Lititz; six grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his brothers: William and Wayne; and his sisters: Iona, Naomi, Dorothy, June and Barbara.
Pete’s life celebration was held Sept. 24 at Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, with the Rev. R. Victor Shifler officiating. Interment will be private.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Four Diamond Fund, c/o Penn State M.S. Hershey Medical Center, Office of University Development A120, 600 Centerview Drive, P.O. Box 852, Academic Support Building, Suite 1103, Hershey, PA 17033-0852.
To share fondest memories of Pete, visit lifecelebration.com.