- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Dominick J. Pennella, 70, communications engineer at Lucent Technologies, attended LEFC
Dominick J. “DJ” Pennella, 70, of Manheim, passed away quietly into the loving arms of the Lord, Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014.
Born in Baltimore, Md., DJ was the son of Dominick Pennella and the late Anna (Lebeda) Pennella. DJ was the loving husband of Sharon L. (Schulze) Pennella with whom he celebrated 47 years of marriage.
DJ was a communications engineer and was employed by Lucent Technologies for 40 years until his retirement. He attended the Lititz Free Evangelical Church and enjoyed praising and worshipping the Lord. He was an active participant in a Bible Study group at the Berkshire Community in Manheim. DJ was a devoted family man, who enjoyed traveling with his beloved wife. He loved spending time with his grandchildren and enjoyed attending all of their school events.
In addition to his father and wife, DJ is survived by two daughters: Christine Buck, wife of John, of Phoenixville, and Bethann Cray, wife of Steven, of Dillsburg; four grandchildren: Peter, Alison, Jonathan, and Spencer.
Friends will be received for a Viewing from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 13 at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike. A Funeral Service will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 14 at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donald L. Holloway officiating. Friends will be received one hour prior to the service. Interment will follow at Witness Park, Lititz.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in DJ’s memory to The Healing Journey Foundation, associated with the Lancaster Cancer Center, 1858 Charter Lane, Ste. 202, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To leave the family an online condolence, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com. Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz, handled the arrangements.