- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Dominick J. Pennella, 70, communications engineer at Lucent Technologies, attended LEFC
Dominick J. “DJ” Pennella, 70, of Manheim, passed away quietly into the loving arms of the Lord, Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014.
Born in Baltimore, Md., DJ was the son of Dominick Pennella and the late Anna (Lebeda) Pennella. DJ was the loving husband of Sharon L. (Schulze) Pennella with whom he celebrated 47 years of marriage.
DJ was a communications engineer and was employed by Lucent Technologies for 40 years until his retirement. He attended the Lititz Free Evangelical Church and enjoyed praising and worshipping the Lord. He was an active participant in a Bible Study group at the Berkshire Community in Manheim. DJ was a devoted family man, who enjoyed traveling with his beloved wife. He loved spending time with his grandchildren and enjoyed attending all of their school events.
In addition to his father and wife, DJ is survived by two daughters: Christine Buck, wife of John, of Phoenixville, and Bethann Cray, wife of Steven, of Dillsburg; four grandchildren: Peter, Alison, Jonathan, and Spencer.
Friends will be received for a Viewing from 6 to 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Aug. 13 at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike. A Funeral Service will be held at 11 a.m. on Thursday, Aug. 14 at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donald L. Holloway officiating. Friends will be received one hour prior to the service. Interment will follow at Witness Park, Lititz.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in DJ’s memory to The Healing Journey Foundation, associated with the Lancaster Cancer Center, 1858 Charter Lane, Ste. 202, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To leave the family an online condolence, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com. Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz, handled the arrangements.