- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Deaths of Local Interest – May 1, 2014
Julia A. Drake, 78, went to be with her Lord on April 26. Julia was known for her extraordinary generosity as a wonderful wife and mother and a great friend. She is fondly remembered by her students (and their parents) for her many years as a Sunday School teacher at Faith E.C. Church in Lancaster. Her daughters, Darlene, (Didier) Gallic and Kelly, (Andrew) Albright, as well as her step-daughter Sherrie, (Charles) Miller, live in Lititz.
Jay L. Faus Jr., 67, of Manheim, died peacefully at his home April 27. His interests included: camping at the shore and at Knoebels Park in Elysburg, working in his garden and growing saffron. He had a lifelong passion for his family and enjoyed spending time and participating in activities with his wife, daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren. His daughter, Vicki L. wife of Rick Beale Jr., lives in Lititz.
Emma Kathryn Frey, 95, of Denver, went home to be with the Lord April 23. She worked at the Ephrata Shoe factory, from where she retired. She loved flowers and getting together with her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. Her sister, Mabel Weaver, resides in Lititz.
Marsha L. Knosp, age 68 years, of Riverview Park, passed away peacefully April 21, at St. Joseph Medical Center, Bern Twp. She was a 1964 graduate of Conestoga Valley High School, then graduated from Hagerstown Medical Secretary School. She worked as a sales associate at J.C. Penney, Reading for 15 years until store closing. A son, R. Tyler, husband of Joanna Knosp, lives in Lititz.