- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Deaths of Local Interest – May 1, 2014
Julia A. Drake, 78, went to be with her Lord on April 26. Julia was known for her extraordinary generosity as a wonderful wife and mother and a great friend. She is fondly remembered by her students (and their parents) for her many years as a Sunday School teacher at Faith E.C. Church in Lancaster. Her daughters, Darlene, (Didier) Gallic and Kelly, (Andrew) Albright, as well as her step-daughter Sherrie, (Charles) Miller, live in Lititz.
Jay L. Faus Jr., 67, of Manheim, died peacefully at his home April 27. His interests included: camping at the shore and at Knoebels Park in Elysburg, working in his garden and growing saffron. He had a lifelong passion for his family and enjoyed spending time and participating in activities with his wife, daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren. His daughter, Vicki L. wife of Rick Beale Jr., lives in Lititz.
Emma Kathryn Frey, 95, of Denver, went home to be with the Lord April 23. She worked at the Ephrata Shoe factory, from where she retired. She loved flowers and getting together with her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. Her sister, Mabel Weaver, resides in Lititz.
Marsha L. Knosp, age 68 years, of Riverview Park, passed away peacefully April 21, at St. Joseph Medical Center, Bern Twp. She was a 1964 graduate of Conestoga Valley High School, then graduated from Hagerstown Medical Secretary School. She worked as a sales associate at J.C. Penney, Reading for 15 years until store closing. A son, R. Tyler, husband of Joanna Knosp, lives in Lititz.