- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Deaths of Local Interest – May 1, 2014
Julia A. Drake, 78, went to be with her Lord on April 26. Julia was known for her extraordinary generosity as a wonderful wife and mother and a great friend. She is fondly remembered by her students (and their parents) for her many years as a Sunday School teacher at Faith E.C. Church in Lancaster. Her daughters, Darlene, (Didier) Gallic and Kelly, (Andrew) Albright, as well as her step-daughter Sherrie, (Charles) Miller, live in Lititz.
Jay L. Faus Jr., 67, of Manheim, died peacefully at his home April 27. His interests included: camping at the shore and at Knoebels Park in Elysburg, working in his garden and growing saffron. He had a lifelong passion for his family and enjoyed spending time and participating in activities with his wife, daughter, son-in-law, and grandchildren. His daughter, Vicki L. wife of Rick Beale Jr., lives in Lititz.
Emma Kathryn Frey, 95, of Denver, went home to be with the Lord April 23. She worked at the Ephrata Shoe factory, from where she retired. She loved flowers and getting together with her children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. Her sister, Mabel Weaver, resides in Lititz.
Marsha L. Knosp, age 68 years, of Riverview Park, passed away peacefully April 21, at St. Joseph Medical Center, Bern Twp. She was a 1964 graduate of Conestoga Valley High School, then graduated from Hagerstown Medical Secretary School. She worked as a sales associate at J.C. Penney, Reading for 15 years until store closing. A son, R. Tyler, husband of Joanna Knosp, lives in Lititz.