- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Deaths of Local Interest – April 24, 2014
Guido L. “Junior” Coccio, Jr., 81, from Cabbage Hill of Lancaster, passed away at Longwood Manor, Maytown, April 16. Guido retired after 30 years of service as a dairy manager from Food Fair/ Pantry Pride. He was a member of St. Joseph Catholic Church. His daughter, Joanne Noggle, resides in Lititz.
Richard P. Mongeau, Sr., 80, of Lancaster, died April 15 at Hospice & Community Care, Mount Joy, after a brief illness. Those who knew Dick will remember him best as a true jokester and king of one-liners. Dick was a proud U.S. Army Veteran. He was a member of AMVETS – Post 19, American Legion – Post 34 and Lancaster VFW – Post 1690. His daughter, Natalie A. Myers, lives in Lititz.
Mary E. Waltermyer, 85, of Lancaster, formerly of a longtime resident of Ephrata, died April 15 at Conestoga View. Mary was a worked at the former Zinn’s Diner in Denver for 30 years, where she was a waitress and in personnel. She later owned and operated Union Station in Denver. A sister, Mazie Galebach, resides in Lititz.