- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
David W. Leber
87, WWII veteran, RCA retiree
David W. Leber, 87, of Lancaster, passed away Monday, July 23, 2013 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Wrightsville, he was the son of the late John and Ida (Fahringer) Leber. He was married to Patricia A. (Miller) Leber with whom he shared 65 years of marriage. His son and family reside in Lititz.
He served in WW II from 1943 to 1946 in the Navy amphibious force aboard the LCT’s in the pacific. Dave worked for RCA and retired from there after 40 years of service. He was an avid hunter and fisherman. Dave also enjoyed playing golf, bowling, doing crossword and jigsaw puzzles.
He is survived by his two children: John Leber of Lititz and Patti Leber Rottmund of Holtwood; four grandchildren: Daniel, Hans Leber, Melissa and Breck Artz and five great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by two brothers: John and Clair Leber and one sister: Mildred Leber Bostrom.
Funeral Services were July 26 at the Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz. Interment was private in Conestoga Memorial Park, Lancaster.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Dave’s memory may be made to the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603. To send online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.