- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
David H. Cassel
98, dairy farmer, custodian
and trustee at Kreider Meeting House
David H. Cassel, 98, of Manheim, entered into rest Wednesday, July 31, 2013 at United Zion Retirement Community, Lititz.
Born in Penn Township, he was the son of the late Charles D. and Emma Heisey Cassel. He was the husband of the late Ruth Webber Cassel who died in 2005. David was a dairy farmer and spent his entire life on the family homestead at the foot of Cassel’s Hill, Manheim. He was a blessing to his family. David also provided seasonal work on the farm for many youth in Manheim. He was a member of White Oak Church of the Brethren, Manheim and for over 45 years he prepared the baptistery on his farm for the church’s use. David was also custodian and trustee at the Kreider Meeting House. An avid reader, he also enjoyed history and nature.
Surviving are three daughters: Lois C. Wells; Joann C., wife of Luther Patches, both of Manheim and Marie C., wife of Ronald Showalter of Hagerstown, Md.; 10 grandchildren; 25 great-grandchildren and two sisters: Mary Wagner and Elizabeth Groff, both of Manheim. He was preceded in death by a daughter: Esther W. Cassel; two sisters: Martha Patches and Emma Caplinger and two brothers: Jere and Amos Cassel.
Relatives and friends attended his funeral service at White Oak Church of the Brethren, Manheim on Aug. 5. Interment was in Manheim Fairview Cemetery, Penn Township.
In lieu of flowers, those desiring may send contributions in David’s memory to Bible Helps, P.O. Box 391, Hanover, PA 17331. To send the family on-line condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.