- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
David G. “Dave” Strayer
93, U.S. Army, former Camp Mack Ranger
David G. "Dave" Strayer, 93, went to be with his savior Thursday, May 16, 2013, at Audubon Villa.
He served in the U.S. Army from February 1942 until October 1945, in an intelligence and reconnaissance platoon of the 29th Infantry Regiment in Europe.
Dave was a member of Lititz United Methodist Church, the Lititz VFW and was a 56-year veteran of the Boy Scouts of America. He collected stamps and coins and enjoyed visits from his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Dave retired from National Cash Register and the Boy Scouts of America as Camp Ranger of Camp Mack near Lititz.
He was preceded in death by siblings, William "Bill" Strayer, George "Bud" Strayer and Sara Ann Reaber.
Surviving are his wife of 69 years: Agnes deVink Strayer; children: Dawn Fay Morgan, John D. Strayer and Barry L. Strayer; sister: Amy Reid; seven grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
A memorial service and interment will be held at a later date.
Arrangements by Auer Cremation Services of Pennsylvania, Inc.