- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
David G. “Dave” Strayer
93, U.S. Army, former Camp Mack Ranger
David G. "Dave" Strayer, 93, went to be with his savior Thursday, May 16, 2013, at Audubon Villa.
He served in the U.S. Army from February 1942 until October 1945, in an intelligence and reconnaissance platoon of the 29th Infantry Regiment in Europe.
Dave was a member of Lititz United Methodist Church, the Lititz VFW and was a 56-year veteran of the Boy Scouts of America. He collected stamps and coins and enjoyed visits from his grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Dave retired from National Cash Register and the Boy Scouts of America as Camp Ranger of Camp Mack near Lititz.
He was preceded in death by siblings, William "Bill" Strayer, George "Bud" Strayer and Sara Ann Reaber.
Surviving are his wife of 69 years: Agnes deVink Strayer; children: Dawn Fay Morgan, John D. Strayer and Barry L. Strayer; sister: Amy Reid; seven grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
A memorial service and interment will be held at a later date.
Arrangements by Auer Cremation Services of Pennsylvania, Inc.