- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
David C. Kessler 70, Luther Acres resident, enjoyed biking, boating and dancing
David C. Kessler, 70, of Lancaster, died Friday, March 14, 2014 at Luther Acres following a yearlong battle with lymphoma.
He was the husband of the late Jean Fram Kessler who died in 2010. Born in Battle Creek, Mich., he was the son of the late Carl and Dorothy Bechtel Kessler.
David was an estimator in the building trade industry and most recently worked for Armstrong World Industries Inc. He was a member of the Conestoga Country Club, Lancaster Bicycle Club and enjoyed biking, boating and dancing.
Surviving are two sisters, Kathleen A. wife of Kent Gardner of Landisville, and Carole L. wife of David Ehemann of Arnold, Md.; a brother, James R. husband of Bonnie Kessler of Lancaster; and his partner, Karen Drawbaugh, of Wyomissing.
Services were held March 18 at Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Lancaster, with the Rev. Edward A. Dickel officiating. Interment will be private and held at the convenience of the family in Conestoga Memorial Park. In lieu of flowers, contributions in his memory may be made to the American Cancer Society, 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA17603 or to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA17603.
To offer condolences to the family, visit KASnyderfuneralhome.com. Arrangements by Kearney A. Snyder Funeral Home, Lancaster.