- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Darlene F. Hilsher73, J and D Auto Salvage owner, loved animals
Darlene F. Hilsher, 73, formerly of Lititz, died unexpectedly of natural causes at her home in Manheim Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2012.
Born in Lancaster County, she was the daughter of the late Joseph and Ida Graham Angelini. She was the wife of Harold R. Hilsher and they observed their 13th wedding anniversary in June of last year.
Darlene was formerly an owner of J and D Auto Salvage Manheim; previously she worked for Angelini and Groff in the Lancaster and Lebanon locations. Darlene was a faithful member of the Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church Manheim, where she served as secretary on the official board and volunteered on the benevolent committee. Darlene loved traveling and enjoyed more than 38 cruises throughout her life, visiting destinations like St. Martin. She was very passionate about animals and would care for animals she would take into her home. Darlene was generous in heart and spirit and she gave of herself to others throughout her life.
Surviving in addition to her husband are a daughter: Terry Lynn Conrad, wife of Craig Miller, of Lititz; a granddaughter: Savannah Miller; two stepsons: Barry D., husband of Sheila Hilsher, of Ephrata; Keith H., husband of America Hilsher, of Elizabethtown; seven step-grandchildren; and three siblings.
She was also preceded in death by three siblings.
Her funeral service was held at the Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church on Jan. 30. Interment took place in Rothsville Lutheran Cemetery.
Those desiring may send contributions in Darlene’s memory to Humane League of Lancaster County 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.