- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Daniel ‘Steven’ Shaver, Sr. 67, worked for Ephrata Recycling
Daniel "Steven" Shaver, Sr., 67, of Lititz, passed away Monday, March 18, 2013 at home. Born in Daisytown, he was the son of the late Daniel and Hazel Shaver.
He retired from Ephrata Recycling, where he worked as a heavy equipment operator. He enjoyed a good cigar, spending time with family, watching TV, playing cards and spending time with his grandsons, Kal-el and Justin.
He is survived by his wife of 37 years, Marcella Shaver. In addition to his wife, he is survived by seven sons: Daniel (Terri) Shaver Jr., Edward Shaver, Terry (Dena) Shaver, Michael Collins, Scott Bess, Eric (Veronica) Shaver, and Chad (Elizabeth) Shaver; one daughter: Deborah Shaver; 16 grandchildren; 13 great-grandchildren; four brothers: Everett, Robert, Randy and Wayne; one sister: Carolyn; and numerous nieces and nephews. He is preceded in death by a son: John; and two sisters: Norma and Elenor.
A gathering was held Wednesday, March 20 at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, 216 S. Broad Street, Lititz.