- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Daniel J. Charles
91, Warner-Lambert retiree,
Daniel J. Charles, 91, Lititz, passed away at home May 31, 2013.
Born in Lancaster, he was the son of the late Daniel M. and Mary Shirk Charles. Married to Jeanette Bucher Charles, they would have celebrated 67 years of marriage June 8.
A 1940 graduate of JP McCaskey High School, Daniel served in the U.S. Navy during WWII. He worked as an electrician for Warner-Lambert in Lititz for 27 years before retiring in 1984. He was a member of United Church of God I.A. in York. He enjoyed playing pinochle and casino, reading, flower gardening, trains and trolleys and repairing radios.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his children: Theresa, wife of James Ross, Lititz; Cynthia, wife of Jim Hedges, Nevada, Mo.; Thomas Charles, husband of Kathryn, Selinsgrove; Christina, wife of Alan Weaner, Gettysburg; Philip Charles, husband of Tammy, Lititz; 17 grandchildren, and 20 great-grandchildren. He is preceded in death by two half-sisters: Evelyn Seitz Dull and Arlene Seitz Calhoun.
A funeral service will be held at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, 216 S. Broad St., Lititz June 5 at 2 p.m. with a viewing an hour prior to the service. Interment will be in the Hammer Creek Mennonite Cemetery, Lititz.
The family requests that contributions in Daniel’s honor be made to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA, 17604-4125. Online condolences may be sent to richardheiseyfuneralhome.com