- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Dan Carter Jr.86, WWII veteran, Brunnerville fire policeman
Dan Carter Jr., 86, of Lititz, entered into rest Friday, March 9, 2012 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born Nov. 24, 1925 in Pineville, LA, he was a son of the late Dan Sr. and Una (Smith) Carter. He was preceded in death by his wives, Leta Marie (Aument) Carter and Jacqueline Fay (McGuigan) Carter.
Dan Jr. proudly served his country during World War II in the U.S. Navy. He retired from Armstrong World Industries after over 35 years of service and later worked as a courier for Fulton Bank. He was a member of the Naval Minewarfare Association, Lititz American Legion Post 56, Lititz Springs VFW Post 1463 and the Brunnerville Fire Police. He was also a lifetime member of the West Hempfield Fire and Rescue Association.
Dan was an avid fisherman and enjoyed building model boats.
He is survived by his sons: Barry E., husband of Deborah Carter; his stepsons: Steven L. Fisher and Kevin S., husband of Brenda J. Fisher; six sisters; two brothers; and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He was predeceased by a son: Glenn Carter; two sisters; and one brother.
Funeral services are scheduled for March 17 at 11 a.m. at the Gundel Funeral Home, 415 N. Duke St., Lancaster. Burial will follow the service at Silver Spring Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, 685 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
The Gundel Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. For additional information or to send a condolence, call 393-1776 or visit gundelfuneralhome.com.