- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Dan Carter Jr.86, WWII veteran, Brunnerville fire policeman
Dan Carter Jr., 86, of Lititz, entered into rest Friday, March 9, 2012 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born Nov. 24, 1925 in Pineville, LA, he was a son of the late Dan Sr. and Una (Smith) Carter. He was preceded in death by his wives, Leta Marie (Aument) Carter and Jacqueline Fay (McGuigan) Carter.
Dan Jr. proudly served his country during World War II in the U.S. Navy. He retired from Armstrong World Industries after over 35 years of service and later worked as a courier for Fulton Bank. He was a member of the Naval Minewarfare Association, Lititz American Legion Post 56, Lititz Springs VFW Post 1463 and the Brunnerville Fire Police. He was also a lifetime member of the West Hempfield Fire and Rescue Association.
Dan was an avid fisherman and enjoyed building model boats.
He is survived by his sons: Barry E., husband of Deborah Carter; his stepsons: Steven L. Fisher and Kevin S., husband of Brenda J. Fisher; six sisters; two brothers; and several grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He was predeceased by a son: Glenn Carter; two sisters; and one brother.
Funeral services are scheduled for March 17 at 11 a.m. at the Gundel Funeral Home, 415 N. Duke St., Lancaster. Burial will follow the service at Silver Spring Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, 685 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
The Gundel Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements. For additional information or to send a condolence, call 393-1776 or visit gundelfuneralhome.com.