- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Dakota ‘Cody’ Schnettler
18, 2013 EHS grad, Taekwon-Do
Dakota "Cody" Stephan Schnettler, 18, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, Aug. 9, 2013, at Lancaster General Hospital.
He was born in Lancaster to Mark S. and Madeline C. (Lash) Schnettler.
Cody was a 2013 graduate of Ephrata High School, where he was a member of the ice hockey team. He was a world champion in Taekwon-Do, attaining a black belt, while a student at Advantage Taekwon-Do in Lititz.
He also enjoyed fishing and import cars. Cody was baptized in the Christian faith. Cody had been employed by the Ephrata Kmart.
In addition to his parents, he is survived by a sister: Hannah C. Schnettler at home; paternal grandmother: Maureen M. Schnettler of Coram, N.Y.; maternal grandfather: Harold S. Lash Jr. of Ephrata; maternal grandmother: Bonnie L. Lash of Ephrata; maternal great-grandmother: Mary Jane Lash of Ephrata and girlfriend: Tiffany Reider of Ephrata.
He was preceded in death by his paternal grandfather: Joseph F. Schnettler and maternal great-grandfather: Harold S. Lash.
A visitation will be held Aug. 14 from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Ephrata Community Church, 70 Clay School Rd., Ephrata, followed by a celebration of Cody’s life at 7:30 p.m., with Pastor Kevin Eshleman officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Cody’s memory may be made to Advantage Taekwon-Do, 732 Creekside Lane Lititz, PA 17543.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.