- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Dakota ‘Cody’ Schnettler
18, 2013 EHS grad, Taekwon-Do
Dakota "Cody" Stephan Schnettler, 18, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, Aug. 9, 2013, at Lancaster General Hospital.
He was born in Lancaster to Mark S. and Madeline C. (Lash) Schnettler.
Cody was a 2013 graduate of Ephrata High School, where he was a member of the ice hockey team. He was a world champion in Taekwon-Do, attaining a black belt, while a student at Advantage Taekwon-Do in Lititz.
He also enjoyed fishing and import cars. Cody was baptized in the Christian faith. Cody had been employed by the Ephrata Kmart.
In addition to his parents, he is survived by a sister: Hannah C. Schnettler at home; paternal grandmother: Maureen M. Schnettler of Coram, N.Y.; maternal grandfather: Harold S. Lash Jr. of Ephrata; maternal grandmother: Bonnie L. Lash of Ephrata; maternal great-grandmother: Mary Jane Lash of Ephrata and girlfriend: Tiffany Reider of Ephrata.
He was preceded in death by his paternal grandfather: Joseph F. Schnettler and maternal great-grandfather: Harold S. Lash.
A visitation will be held Aug. 14 from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 7:30 p.m. at the Ephrata Community Church, 70 Clay School Rd., Ephrata, followed by a celebration of Cody’s life at 7:30 p.m., with Pastor Kevin Eshleman officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Cody’s memory may be made to Advantage Taekwon-Do, 732 Creekside Lane Lititz, PA 17543.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.