- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Clair D. Witmer77, Korean War veteran, laborer
Clair D. Witmer
Clair D. Witmer, 77, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at Manor Care in Lancaster.
He was born in Lancaster, a son of the late Daisy Witmer. He was the husband of Doris J. (Boyd) Witmer for 50 years.
Clair was a retired laborer and a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War. He was a member of the American Legion Post 34 in Lancaster and the Lancaster Irish American Cultural Society.
In addition to his wife he is survived by three daughters: Jean M., wife of Vincent E. Burchett, of Lititz; Judy L., wife of Michael A. Peris, of Lancaster; and Patricia A., wife of Craig C. Rowe, of Mountville; 10 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
A funeral service was held at Brethren Village Chapel June 18 with the Rev. Mark Tedford officiating. Interment, with military honors accorded by the Red Rose Veterans Honor Guard, took place in Strasburg Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be directed to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To offer online condolences to the family, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.