- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Clair D. Witmer77, Korean War veteran, laborer
Clair D. Witmer
Clair D. Witmer, 77, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at Manor Care in Lancaster.
He was born in Lancaster, a son of the late Daisy Witmer. He was the husband of Doris J. (Boyd) Witmer for 50 years.
Clair was a retired laborer and a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War. He was a member of the American Legion Post 34 in Lancaster and the Lancaster Irish American Cultural Society.
In addition to his wife he is survived by three daughters: Jean M., wife of Vincent E. Burchett, of Lititz; Judy L., wife of Michael A. Peris, of Lancaster; and Patricia A., wife of Craig C. Rowe, of Mountville; 10 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
A funeral service was held at Brethren Village Chapel June 18 with the Rev. Mark Tedford officiating. Interment, with military honors accorded by the Red Rose Veterans Honor Guard, took place in Strasburg Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be directed to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To offer online condolences to the family, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.