- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Clair D. Witmer77, Korean War veteran, laborer
Clair D. Witmer
Clair D. Witmer, 77, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at Manor Care in Lancaster.
He was born in Lancaster, a son of the late Daisy Witmer. He was the husband of Doris J. (Boyd) Witmer for 50 years.
Clair was a retired laborer and a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War. He was a member of the American Legion Post 34 in Lancaster and the Lancaster Irish American Cultural Society.
In addition to his wife he is survived by three daughters: Jean M., wife of Vincent E. Burchett, of Lititz; Judy L., wife of Michael A. Peris, of Lancaster; and Patricia A., wife of Craig C. Rowe, of Mountville; 10 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
A funeral service was held at Brethren Village Chapel June 18 with the Rev. Mark Tedford officiating. Interment, with military honors accorded by the Red Rose Veterans Honor Guard, took place in Strasburg Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be directed to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To offer online condolences to the family, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.