- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
Clair D. Witmer77, Korean War veteran, laborer
Clair D. Witmer
Clair D. Witmer, 77, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, June 14, 2011 at Manor Care in Lancaster.
He was born in Lancaster, a son of the late Daisy Witmer. He was the husband of Doris J. (Boyd) Witmer for 50 years.
Clair was a retired laborer and a U.S. Army veteran of the Korean War. He was a member of the American Legion Post 34 in Lancaster and the Lancaster Irish American Cultural Society.
In addition to his wife he is survived by three daughters: Jean M., wife of Vincent E. Burchett, of Lititz; Judy L., wife of Michael A. Peris, of Lancaster; and Patricia A., wife of Craig C. Rowe, of Mountville; 10 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
A funeral service was held at Brethren Village Chapel June 18 with the Rev. Mark Tedford officiating. Interment, with military honors accorded by the Red Rose Veterans Honor Guard, took place in Strasburg Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial donations may be directed to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To offer online condolences to the family, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.