- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Chester A. Siegrist93, WWII veteran, RCA retiree
Chester A. Siegrist, 93, of Manheim, and formerly of Lebanon, died peacefully at his son’s home Sunday, Sept. 25, 2011.
Born in Lebanon, he was the son of the late Adam G. Siegrist and the late Esther M. Siegrist Royer. He was the loving husband of the late Helen M. Logan Siegrist, who died in January of this year.
Throughout his life, Chet worked in the visual electronic technology field developing products and technology for television stations and working for the former RCA Corporation. Chet served in the U.S. Army during World War II in the 572nd Anti-Aircraft Artillery Division know as the "Hellcats."
Surviving is a son: Bradford A., husband of Elaine Saylor Siegrist, of Manheim; three grandchildren: and four great-grandchildren.
Preceding him in death are two sisters and one brother.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend Chester’s graveside service at the Covenant/Greenwood Cemetery, Route 72, north of Lebanon, in Lebanon Township on Sept. 29 at 2:30 p.m.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Chester’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.