- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Charles W. Meier, Jr.
72, Navy vet, technical writer
Charles W. Meier, Jr., 72, of Lititz passed away Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at his home surrounded by his loving family. Born in Camden, N.J. he was the son of the late Charles W. Meier, Sr. and Isabel (Falcon) Meier. He was married to Faith (Johnson) Meier with whom he celebrated over 50 years of marriage.
Charles attended Eastern University and received a bachelor’s degree in pre-theology. During graduate school, Charles studied Hebrew and went onto receive his first master’s degree from Faith Theological Seminary in Elkins Park and later received a master’s in education from Temple University. He was a technical writer for most of his career and worked for various contracting companies in the government. He was an avid reader, enjoyed water color painting and spending time with his grandchildren and family.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy.
In addition to his loving wife, he is survived by his children: Charles J. Meier, husband of Debra C. of Marietta; Heidi C. Good, wife of G. Todd of Lebanon; and Martin D. Meier, husband of Cynthia of Lititz. Also surviving are five grandchildren: Madeline, Isabella, Josephina, Grace and Pearl.
Friends were received June 3 at the Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz, with the funeral service following.
Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, donations in Charles’s memory can be made to Lancaster Area Habitat for Humanity, 155 Independence Ct, Lancaster, PA 17601. To place an online condolence, please visit snyderfuneralhome.com.