- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Charles Lambert Fritts, Sr., 95, WWII vet, Purple Heart recipient, active at Lititz Moravian
Charles Lambert Fritts, Sr., 95, of Lititz, passed away Monday, April 7, 2014, at the Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
He was the widower of Evelyn Fritts. Born December 5, 1918, he was a son of the late George and Cora Fritts.
Charles was a U.S. Army veteran, having served as a machine gunner of the 70th Infantry Division during WWII and was a Purple Heart recipient. Charles was an active member in both the Olivet Presbyterian Church while in Easton, where he was a deacon and trustee, and the Moravian Church in Lititz. He enjoyed hunting with his son and loved to bowl, golf and go camping. He always put family first and loved to visit his grandchildren.
Charles is survived by his two sons: Charles Fritts, Jr. (wife Joan Ghallagher) and Dale Fritts (wife Melissa Fritts); grandchildren: Tammy Romano, Allison Fritts, Ashley Fritts, Jamie Fritts, and Derek Fritts; and great-grandchildren: Leslie and Nick Romano.
In addition to his wife and parents, he was preceded in death by his siblings: Thelma Gokey, Wilmont Fritts, Warren Fritts and Dorothy Matchette.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Lutheran Acres at luthercare.org/giving.
Arrangements by Auer Cremation Services of Pennsylvania, Inc.