- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Charles F. McConaghay81, U.S. Navy veteran
Charles F. McConaghay, 81, of Lititz, passed away peacefully Thursday, Nov. 24, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born Feb. 23, 1930 in Wharton, he was the son of the late Eli J. and Violet (Platt) McConaghay. He was married to Reba (Witman) McConaghay on Sept. 27, 1958.
A veteran, Chuck proudly served with the U.S. Navy.
In addition to his wife of over 53 years, he will be lovingly missed by two daughters: Dianne J., wife of Paul H. Hackman, of Denver; and Suzanne L., wife of Sysavath Kongsynonh, of Lititz; three grandchildren: Charles and Peter Hackman and Maly Say Kongsynonh; as well as a brother: E. James McConaghay, of Lititz.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Dewey McConaghay; and a sister: Evelyn Arnold.
Funeral services were held at the Andrew T. Scheid Funeral Home, Millersville, on Nov. 30. Interment took place in the Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, Annville, with full military honors. In keeping with Chuck’s wishes, the casket was closed.
Flowers will be appreciated, but memorial remembrances can also be made in Chuck’s memory to the Wounded Warrior Project at woundedwarriorproject.org. or to the Water Street Rescue Mission at waterstreetministries.org.
To submit an online condolence, visit scheidfuneralhome.com.