- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Charles C. Rohrer70, worked for Armstrong, Raymark and Manheim Auto auction
Charles Christian "Chas" Rohrer, 70, of Manheim, died Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012 following a lengthy illness at Manor Care Health Services, Lancaster.
Born in Sporting Hill, he was the son of the late Raymond F. and Catherine H. Feary Rohrer. He was the loving husband of Pamela L. Habecker Rohrer, and they observed their 44th wedding anniversary in December of last year.
Chas worked for Armstrong World Industries, Lancaster; previously he was employed by the former Raymark Industries, Manheim. Following retirement at Armstrong, Chas worked for the Manheim Auto Auction. Chas graduated from Manheim Central High School in 1959. He was a member and past president of the Germania Band Club, Manheim, and was also a member of the Sonestown American Legion in Sonestown. Chas enjoyed hunting, fishing and spending time at the family cabin in Laporte.
Surviving in addition to his wife is a son: Chadd C., husband of Brenda Martin Rohrer, of Lititz; a granddaughter: Mackenzie G. Rohrer; a brother: Richard Rohrer, of Manheim; and a sister: Karen Rohrer, of Manheim.
Preceding him in death is a brother: William "Blackie" Rohrer.
His funeral service was held on Jan. 7 at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions may be sent in Charles’ memory to the American Cancer Society 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.