- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Charles C. Rohrer70, worked for Armstrong, Raymark and Manheim Auto auction
Charles Christian "Chas" Rohrer, 70, of Manheim, died Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2012 following a lengthy illness at Manor Care Health Services, Lancaster.
Born in Sporting Hill, he was the son of the late Raymond F. and Catherine H. Feary Rohrer. He was the loving husband of Pamela L. Habecker Rohrer, and they observed their 44th wedding anniversary in December of last year.
Chas worked for Armstrong World Industries, Lancaster; previously he was employed by the former Raymark Industries, Manheim. Following retirement at Armstrong, Chas worked for the Manheim Auto Auction. Chas graduated from Manheim Central High School in 1959. He was a member and past president of the Germania Band Club, Manheim, and was also a member of the Sonestown American Legion in Sonestown. Chas enjoyed hunting, fishing and spending time at the family cabin in Laporte.
Surviving in addition to his wife is a son: Chadd C., husband of Brenda Martin Rohrer, of Lititz; a granddaughter: Mackenzie G. Rohrer; a brother: Richard Rohrer, of Manheim; and a sister: Karen Rohrer, of Manheim.
Preceding him in death is a brother: William "Blackie" Rohrer.
His funeral service was held on Jan. 7 at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions may be sent in Charles’ memory to the American Cancer Society 314 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.