- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Charles C. Blessing75, million mile truck driver
Charles C. Blessing, 75, of Ephrata, died Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2011 at his home after a brief illness while under the care of Hospice of Lancaster County.
Born in Manheim, he was the son of the late Samuel and Lola (Dowell) Blessing.
He worked as a truck driver for H.R. Ewell Trucking, where he earned his million mile award. Later he worked for Lancaster Labs in maintenance and for Model Enterprises as grounds keeper of Nathan Village. He had been attending Bridgeville Evangelical Congregational Church. He enjoyed spending time with his family, playing cards and being outdoors.
Surviving are six children: Charlene King and her companion, Ronald White, of Denver; Charles Curtis Jr., husband of Judy (Frantz) Blessing, of Stevens; Brian Stipkovits, at home; Vivian, wife of Rodney Hibshman, of East Earl; Eugene, husband of Joy (Mowrer) Kieffer, of Narvon; and Sylvia, wife of Gary Kauffman, of New Holland; 10 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
Preceding him in death are two brothers: Samuel and Melvin Blessing.
A memorial service will be held on Aug. 13 at 2 p.m. at the Bridgeville E.C. Church, 5971 Division Hwy., Narvon, with the Rev. Philip Walck officiating. In lieu of flowers, contributions may made to Hospice of Lancaster County, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send the family condolences, visit groffeckenroth.com. Arrangements are being made by Groff-High Funeral Home, New Holland.