- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Charles ‘Bob’ Snader
85, Brickerville,WWII vet, carpenter
Charles R. Snader, 85, of Brickerville, passed away at Ephrata Manor Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013.
Born in Ephrata, he was the son of the late C. Robert and Bertha Weidman Snader. Married for 65 years, he is the husband of Vivian Shenk Snader.
A carpenter by trade, Bob graduated from Lititz High School and joined the Army. During World War II he served in Vienna Austria when it was a four-power city.
In addition to his wife he is survived by his children: Kenneth, husband of Ann, Oklahoma City, Okla.; Thomas, husband of Anna Marie, West Chester; Sharon, wife of Douglas Moore, Gilbert, Ariz.; Linda Hauck, Mount Joy; grandchildren: Dani Moore, Washington, D.C.; Ted Moore, New York, N.Y.; Kristina Shane, Exton; Andrea Snader, West Chester; Monica Snader, West Chester and a brother: Wesley Snader, husband of Barbara, Lititz.
A funeral service was held at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz, Sept. 28. Burial was in St. John’s Cemetery, Brickerville.
Contributions in Bob’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.