- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Charles ‘Bob’ Snader
85, Brickerville,WWII vet, carpenter
Charles R. Snader, 85, of Brickerville, passed away at Ephrata Manor Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2013.
Born in Ephrata, he was the son of the late C. Robert and Bertha Weidman Snader. Married for 65 years, he is the husband of Vivian Shenk Snader.
A carpenter by trade, Bob graduated from Lititz High School and joined the Army. During World War II he served in Vienna Austria when it was a four-power city.
In addition to his wife he is survived by his children: Kenneth, husband of Ann, Oklahoma City, Okla.; Thomas, husband of Anna Marie, West Chester; Sharon, wife of Douglas Moore, Gilbert, Ariz.; Linda Hauck, Mount Joy; grandchildren: Dani Moore, Washington, D.C.; Ted Moore, New York, N.Y.; Kristina Shane, Exton; Andrea Snader, West Chester; Monica Snader, West Chester and a brother: Wesley Snader, husband of Barbara, Lititz.
A funeral service was held at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz, Sept. 28. Burial was in St. John’s Cemetery, Brickerville.
Contributions in Bob’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.