- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Catherine Z. Seyfert92, of Moravian Manor, library volunteer
Catherine Z. Seyfert, 92, of Moravian Manor, Lititz, formerly of Reading, died Saturday, July 23, 2011 at her residence.
She was born in Pine Grove, daughter of the late Irvin H. and Sarah A. Schrope Zerbe. Catherine was married to the late Walter C. Seyfert who died in 1977.
Catherine was a registered nurse and night supervisor at the former Community General Hospital, Reading, for 31 years and retired in 1981. She was a member of the Lititz Moravian Church and volunteered at the Lititz Public Library. She enjoyed cross-stitching.
She is survived by a stepdaughter: Mary Lou (James) Powers, Vero Beach, Fla.; and a niece: Nancy (Jack) Hartz, Lititz.
She was preceded in death by a brother: John Zerbe; and a sister: Faye M. Herr.
Catherine’s life celebration service was held at Spacht Funeral Home July 27. Interment was in St. John’s Lutheran Cemetery, Pine Grove. Friends may call at Spacht Funeral Home on Wednesday from 12:30-1:00 p.m. To share memories of Catherine, visit lifecelebration.com.