- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
Catherine Z. Seyfert92, of Moravian Manor, library volunteer
Catherine Z. Seyfert, 92, of Moravian Manor, Lititz, formerly of Reading, died Saturday, July 23, 2011 at her residence.
She was born in Pine Grove, daughter of the late Irvin H. and Sarah A. Schrope Zerbe. Catherine was married to the late Walter C. Seyfert who died in 1977.
Catherine was a registered nurse and night supervisor at the former Community General Hospital, Reading, for 31 years and retired in 1981. She was a member of the Lititz Moravian Church and volunteered at the Lititz Public Library. She enjoyed cross-stitching.
She is survived by a stepdaughter: Mary Lou (James) Powers, Vero Beach, Fla.; and a niece: Nancy (Jack) Hartz, Lititz.
She was preceded in death by a brother: John Zerbe; and a sister: Faye M. Herr.
Catherine’s life celebration service was held at Spacht Funeral Home July 27. Interment was in St. John’s Lutheran Cemetery, Pine Grove. Friends may call at Spacht Funeral Home on Wednesday from 12:30-1:00 p.m. To share memories of Catherine, visit lifecelebration.com.