- On your mark, get set, glow!
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Shop for Mom on 2nd Friday
- Artist’s Alley spotlights local creativity
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Catherine P. Jones 95, resident/volunteer at Luther Acres,Watt and Shand manager
Catherine P. Jones, 95, of Luther Acres, Lititz, passed away Monday, Aug. 20, 2012.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of Harvey S. and Florence Shissler ÂPowell. She was the wife of the late William R. Jones.
Catherine began her working career at Watt and Shand. She then worked as credit manager for J. B. Van Sciver Co. for 26 years. During her career, she was Merle Selfon’s bookkeeper for over 55 years. She was a member of the American Business Women’s Association. She enjoyed making afghans, traveling, making and sharing candy, playing cards and she was an avid Phillies fan. Catherine was a member of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd. She actively volunteered at her church and at Luther Acres.
She is survived by several nieces: Carol Gardner, Kim Jones, Sharon Bradley, Kathy Zerphy and Kelly Beitzel; and two nephews: Robert Jones and Andrew Jones.
She was preceded in death by her sister: Dorothy Groff, of Leola.
A memorial service was held from the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Lancaster, on Aug. 29. Private interment will be held at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be sent to the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd.
For other information or to send an online condolence to the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.