- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Catherine P. Jones 95, resident/volunteer at Luther Acres,Watt and Shand manager
Catherine P. Jones, 95, of Luther Acres, Lititz, passed away Monday, Aug. 20, 2012.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of Harvey S. and Florence Shissler ÂPowell. She was the wife of the late William R. Jones.
Catherine began her working career at Watt and Shand. She then worked as credit manager for J. B. Van Sciver Co. for 26 years. During her career, she was Merle Selfon’s bookkeeper for over 55 years. She was a member of the American Business Women’s Association. She enjoyed making afghans, traveling, making and sharing candy, playing cards and she was an avid Phillies fan. Catherine was a member of the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd. She actively volunteered at her church and at Luther Acres.
She is survived by several nieces: Carol Gardner, Kim Jones, Sharon Bradley, Kathy Zerphy and Kelly Beitzel; and two nephews: Robert Jones and Andrew Jones.
She was preceded in death by her sister: Dorothy Groff, of Leola.
A memorial service was held from the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Lancaster, on Aug. 29. Private interment will be held at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, contributions may be sent to the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd.
For other information or to send an online condolence to the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.