- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Catherine H. Sachs
89, U.S. Navy, Woodstream Corp. retiree
Catherine H. Sachs, 89, of Lancaster, passed away Thursday, Nov. 14, at the Mennonite Home.
Born in Lancaster, and a lifelong resident of Lititz and Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Charles B. and Esther Evans Hammer, and the wife of the late Earl K. Sachs, who passed away in October 2000.
Catherine served her country in the U.S. Navy, and worked in the payroll department at Woodstream Corporation, Lititz, for 25 years, retiring in 1986. She was a member of Covenant United Methodist Church in Lancaster.
Catherine will be lovingly remembered by her sons: Douglas A., (Marilyn) Sachs of Millersville and Donald R., (Catherine) Sachs of Hellertown; five grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her sister: Alverta M. Harding and brother: C. Robert Hammer.
Relatives and friends attended her life celebration service at Fred F. Groff Funeral Home, Lancaster, Nov. 18 with the Rev. Jeffrey A. Snyder and the Rev. William J. Keeler officiating. Interment was held at Laurel Hill Memorial Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent in Catherine’s name to Covenant United Methodist Church Memorial Fund, 110 N. Mulberry St., Lancaster, PA 17603 or the Mennonite Home Community Benevolent Care Fund, 2001 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To share a fond memory of Catherine, visit lifecelebration.com.