- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
Catherine H. Sachs
89, U.S. Navy, Woodstream Corp. retiree
Catherine H. Sachs, 89, of Lancaster, passed away Thursday, Nov. 14, at the Mennonite Home.
Born in Lancaster, and a lifelong resident of Lititz and Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Charles B. and Esther Evans Hammer, and the wife of the late Earl K. Sachs, who passed away in October 2000.
Catherine served her country in the U.S. Navy, and worked in the payroll department at Woodstream Corporation, Lititz, for 25 years, retiring in 1986. She was a member of Covenant United Methodist Church in Lancaster.
Catherine will be lovingly remembered by her sons: Douglas A., (Marilyn) Sachs of Millersville and Donald R., (Catherine) Sachs of Hellertown; five grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by her sister: Alverta M. Harding and brother: C. Robert Hammer.
Relatives and friends attended her life celebration service at Fred F. Groff Funeral Home, Lancaster, Nov. 18 with the Rev. Jeffrey A. Snyder and the Rev. William J. Keeler officiating. Interment was held at Laurel Hill Memorial Gardens.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent in Catherine’s name to Covenant United Methodist Church Memorial Fund, 110 N. Mulberry St., Lancaster, PA 17603 or the Mennonite Home Community Benevolent Care Fund, 2001 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To share a fond memory of Catherine, visit lifecelebration.com.