- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Catherine A. Shope93, Grace Church member
Catherine A. Shope
Catherine A. "Kitty" Shope, 93, of Lititz, went home to be with her Lord and Savior Sunday, Sept. 4, 2011 at Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy.
She was the wife of Rev. William Jack Shope, to whom she was married for 74 years.
She was a devoted Christian, a member of Grace Church, Lititz, and was a graduate of Philadelphia College of the Bible. She was a devoted wife and mother who loved reading, playing the piano, writing poetry and also served along side her husband in the ministry for over 50 years.
Surviving in addition to her husband are her two children: William Jack Shope Jr., of Lancaster; and Jeannie, wife of James Nearhoof, of Lititz; three grandchildren: Michael Shope, Jocelyn (Nearhoof) Palmer and Jessica Nearhoof; and two great-grandchildren: Jackson and Mason Palmer.
The memorial service will be held at Grace Church, 501 West Lincoln Avenue, Lititz, on Sept. 11 at 4 p.m.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made in her memory to Grace Church.
Arrangements are being made by the Workman Funeral Homes Inc., Mountville/Columbia.