- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Carolyn E. Canney, 66, worked at Penn Savings Bank, enjoyed horseback riding, gardening
Carolyn Elizabeth Canney, 66, of Lititz, passed away Sunday, July 13, 2014 at Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
She was the wife of the late Merlin Canney who died in 2006. Born in Mobile, Ala., she was the daughter of the late John and Robbie Roper.
Carol had worked at the former Penn Savings Bank, Lititz and Totes Store, Lancaster. She was of the Baptist faith. She enjoyed watching movies and playing computer games. In her younger years, Carol enjoyed spending time with her children and grandchildren, riding horses, laying out by the pool and working in her garden.
She is survived by her son: Paul Russell (Kelly) of Lititz; five grandchildren: Suzy Renstrom (Paul), Jonathon Russell, Justin Russell, Mackenzie Russell, and Delaney Russell; eight great-grandchildren; a sister: Sharon Champion of Tenn.; and a brother: Wayne Roper of Texas.
She was preceded in death by her son: Chuck Russell; and her sister: Diane Roper.
Services and interment were held privately at the convenience of the family.
Online condolences may be offered at lifecelebration.com. Arrangements handled by Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz.