- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
- Northwest EMS breaks ground on new Manheim facility
- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
Caroline M. Weaver91, Manheim native
Caroline M. Weaver, 91, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Oct. 7, 2011 at home with her family.
Born in Manheim, she was the daughter of the late William and Lizzie (Kreider) Caldwell. Caroline was the wife to the late Lester S. Weaver, who passed away January 1993.
She worked as a laborer for Kerr Glass Group. She was an avid reader and enjoyed spending time with her grandchildren and family.
Surviving are four daughters: June L. Hamaker, wife of Gary, of Lancaster; Sharon M. DeVerter, of Lancaster; Carol Linda, wife of Jerry Burgess, of Peach Bottom; and Phyllis K. Henry, of Pequea; 14 grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; and 14 great-great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son: Thomas E. Goswick; one grandchild; one great-grandchild; five brothers: Charles, George, Arthur, Mervin and Lloyd Caldwell; and two sisters: Ruth Caldwell and Phoebe Nixdorf.
A funeral service was held on Oct. 10 at the Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz, with Pastor Michelle Armster and Pastor Ed Dickel officiating. Interment will be held at Conestoga Memorial Park.
Contributions can be made in Caroline’s memory to: Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604 or St. Andrew United Church of Christ, 701 North Lime St., Lancaster, PA 17602.
To send the family online condolences, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.