- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Caroline L. Hess 93, RN at Audubon, church pianist
Caroline L. Hess, 93, formerly of Lititz, passed away at Bob Fryer and Family Hospice Inpatient Center, Mount Joy Tuesday, April 9, 2013.
Born in Terre Hill, she was the daughter of the late Ivan and Hazel McManee Fry. She was married to the late James B. Hess who died in 1991. She is survived by a son: J. Craig (Nancy Ruhl) Hess, Lititz; three grandchildren: Carolyn Stauffer; Jon Hess; and Jim Hess; seven great grandchildren; and a brother: Eugene Fry, Strasburg. Caroline was preceded in death by two sons: Brian E. and James Douglas Hess.
She was a graduate of Manheim Township High School and Lancaster School of Nursing. Caroline was a registered nurse working for Dr. Franklin Cassel and also at Audubon Villa, Lititz. She was an active member of the former First Church of God, Lititz where she played piano. Caroline enjoyed doing crossword puzzles, taking bus trips and most of all she loved her family
Caroline’s life celebration service was held at Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz April 12. Interment was in Brownstown Evangelical Cemetery, West Earl Township.
Please omit flowers. Contributions may be sent to Hospice and Community Care, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125. To share your fondest memories of Caroline visit lifecelebration.com.