- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Caroline L. Hess 93, RN at Audubon, church pianist
Caroline L. Hess, 93, formerly of Lititz, passed away at Bob Fryer and Family Hospice Inpatient Center, Mount Joy Tuesday, April 9, 2013.
Born in Terre Hill, she was the daughter of the late Ivan and Hazel McManee Fry. She was married to the late James B. Hess who died in 1991. She is survived by a son: J. Craig (Nancy Ruhl) Hess, Lititz; three grandchildren: Carolyn Stauffer; Jon Hess; and Jim Hess; seven great grandchildren; and a brother: Eugene Fry, Strasburg. Caroline was preceded in death by two sons: Brian E. and James Douglas Hess.
She was a graduate of Manheim Township High School and Lancaster School of Nursing. Caroline was a registered nurse working for Dr. Franklin Cassel and also at Audubon Villa, Lititz. She was an active member of the former First Church of God, Lititz where she played piano. Caroline enjoyed doing crossword puzzles, taking bus trips and most of all she loved her family
Caroline’s life celebration service was held at Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz April 12. Interment was in Brownstown Evangelical Cemetery, West Earl Township.
Please omit flowers. Contributions may be sent to Hospice and Community Care, PO Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125. To share your fondest memories of Caroline visit lifecelebration.com.