- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Caleb K. Hershey80, Penn Township farmer
Caleb K. Hershey, 80, of Manheim, died peacefully surrounded by his family at his home Wednesday, May 23, 2012.
Born in Manheim, he was the son of the late Reverend Graybill and Orpha Kulp Hershey.
Caleb was the owner and operator of his own farm in Penn Township and later was employed at the Manheim Auto Auction for 40 years. He was the loving husband of Goldie M. Baker Hershey, and they observed their 50th wedding anniversary in April.
Caleb was a member of Conewago Church of the Brethren in Hershey. He was also a member of the Manheim Sportsmen’s Association and the National Rifle Association. Caleb’s interests included hiking, small game hunting (especially hunting grouse) and spending time in the mountains. He was a Harley-Davidson motorcycle enthusiast and was passionate about riding his Harley anytime he had an opportunity; he participated in many charity rides in support of local organizations.
Surviving in addition to his wife are a son: Dean A. Hershey, of Manheim; a daughter: Kim M., wife of Keith R. Yocum, of Mohnton; two grandchildren: twins Ambria and Bodi Yocum; and three brothers: John K., husband of Reba Hershey, and Daniel K., husband of Joretta Hershey, all of Manheim; and Jacob K., husband of Verna Hershey, of Lititz.
His funeral service was held at the Conewago Church of the Brethren, Hershey, on May 29. Interment took place in Graybill’s Brethren Cemetery, Elm.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be sent in Caleb’s memory to: Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or Conewago Church of the Brethren, 7035 Schoolhouse Road, Hershey, PA 17033.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.