- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
C. Elam Wenger 84, farmer, church musician
C. Elam Wenger, 84, formerly of Manheim, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012 at Conestoga View, Lancaster.
Born in Penn Township, he was the son of the late Clayton S. and Mary Stauffer Wenger.
Elam was a farmer in Penn Township for many years and hauled hay, straw, and grain to area farmers. He was a member of Erb Mennonite Church, Lititz. Elam was very active in musical and chorus groups.
He is survived by a sister: Ethel M., wife of J. Stanley Witmer, of Lancaster; three nephews: Eugene and Harold Wenger and Jay Witmer; and a niece: Linda Witmer.
He was preceded in death by a brother: J. Melvin Wenger; and a nephew: Dale Witmer.
A funeral service was held Aug. 11 at Hernley Mennonite Church, Manheim. Interment followed in the church cemetery. Please omit flowers.
Those desiring may send contributions in Elam’s memory to Mennonite Central Committee, 21 S. 12th St., P.O. Box 500, Akron, PA 17501-0500.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.