- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
C. Elam Wenger 84, farmer, church musician
C. Elam Wenger, 84, formerly of Manheim, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012 at Conestoga View, Lancaster.
Born in Penn Township, he was the son of the late Clayton S. and Mary Stauffer Wenger.
Elam was a farmer in Penn Township for many years and hauled hay, straw, and grain to area farmers. He was a member of Erb Mennonite Church, Lititz. Elam was very active in musical and chorus groups.
He is survived by a sister: Ethel M., wife of J. Stanley Witmer, of Lancaster; three nephews: Eugene and Harold Wenger and Jay Witmer; and a niece: Linda Witmer.
He was preceded in death by a brother: J. Melvin Wenger; and a nephew: Dale Witmer.
A funeral service was held Aug. 11 at Hernley Mennonite Church, Manheim. Interment followed in the church cemetery. Please omit flowers.
Those desiring may send contributions in Elam’s memory to Mennonite Central Committee, 21 S. 12th St., P.O. Box 500, Akron, PA 17501-0500.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.