- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
C. Elam Wenger 84, farmer, church musician
C. Elam Wenger, 84, formerly of Manheim, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012 at Conestoga View, Lancaster.
Born in Penn Township, he was the son of the late Clayton S. and Mary Stauffer Wenger.
Elam was a farmer in Penn Township for many years and hauled hay, straw, and grain to area farmers. He was a member of Erb Mennonite Church, Lititz. Elam was very active in musical and chorus groups.
He is survived by a sister: Ethel M., wife of J. Stanley Witmer, of Lancaster; three nephews: Eugene and Harold Wenger and Jay Witmer; and a niece: Linda Witmer.
He was preceded in death by a brother: J. Melvin Wenger; and a nephew: Dale Witmer.
A funeral service was held Aug. 11 at Hernley Mennonite Church, Manheim. Interment followed in the church cemetery. Please omit flowers.
Those desiring may send contributions in Elam’s memory to Mennonite Central Committee, 21 S. 12th St., P.O. Box 500, Akron, PA 17501-0500.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.