- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
C. Elam Wenger 84, farmer, church musician
C. Elam Wenger, 84, formerly of Manheim, passed away Tuesday, Aug. 7, 2012 at Conestoga View, Lancaster.
Born in Penn Township, he was the son of the late Clayton S. and Mary Stauffer Wenger.
Elam was a farmer in Penn Township for many years and hauled hay, straw, and grain to area farmers. He was a member of Erb Mennonite Church, Lititz. Elam was very active in musical and chorus groups.
He is survived by a sister: Ethel M., wife of J. Stanley Witmer, of Lancaster; three nephews: Eugene and Harold Wenger and Jay Witmer; and a niece: Linda Witmer.
He was preceded in death by a brother: J. Melvin Wenger; and a nephew: Dale Witmer.
A funeral service was held Aug. 11 at Hernley Mennonite Church, Manheim. Interment followed in the church cemetery. Please omit flowers.
Those desiring may send contributions in Elam’s memory to Mennonite Central Committee, 21 S. 12th St., P.O. Box 500, Akron, PA 17501-0500.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.