- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Byron R. Detwiler71, Millersville professor
Byron R. Detwiler, 71, of Manheim, Professor Emeritus of French at Millersville University, died Monday, Sept. 2011 after an illness of one week.
He was born and raised in Lancaster, the son of Byron Y. Detwiler and Kathryn Murphy Detwiler. He attended McCaskey High School and Millersville University and then pursued graduate study at the University of Pennsylvania and in France. He taught at Millersville in the Department of Foreign Languages for many years until his retirement. Byron will be remembered by his many friends and former Millersville colleagues as a gracious host, a superb cook in both the Lancaster County and the French traditions, and a passionate gardener. He will be missed.
He is survived by a brother: Jere K. Detwiler, of Virginia; and a sister: Nancy R. Moore, of Massachusetts.
No services will be held locally. To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.