- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Byron R. Detwiler71, Millersville professor
Byron R. Detwiler, 71, of Manheim, Professor Emeritus of French at Millersville University, died Monday, Sept. 2011 after an illness of one week.
He was born and raised in Lancaster, the son of Byron Y. Detwiler and Kathryn Murphy Detwiler. He attended McCaskey High School and Millersville University and then pursued graduate study at the University of Pennsylvania and in France. He taught at Millersville in the Department of Foreign Languages for many years until his retirement. Byron will be remembered by his many friends and former Millersville colleagues as a gracious host, a superb cook in both the Lancaster County and the French traditions, and a passionate gardener. He will be missed.
He is survived by a brother: Jere K. Detwiler, of Virginia; and a sister: Nancy R. Moore, of Massachusetts.
No services will be held locally. To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.