- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Byron R. Detwiler71, Millersville professor
Byron R. Detwiler, 71, of Manheim, Professor Emeritus of French at Millersville University, died Monday, Sept. 2011 after an illness of one week.
He was born and raised in Lancaster, the son of Byron Y. Detwiler and Kathryn Murphy Detwiler. He attended McCaskey High School and Millersville University and then pursued graduate study at the University of Pennsylvania and in France. He taught at Millersville in the Department of Foreign Languages for many years until his retirement. Byron will be remembered by his many friends and former Millersville colleagues as a gracious host, a superb cook in both the Lancaster County and the French traditions, and a passionate gardener. He will be missed.
He is survived by a brother: Jere K. Detwiler, of Virginia; and a sister: Nancy R. Moore, of Massachusetts.
No services will be held locally. To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.