- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Byron R. Detwiler71, Millersville professor
Byron R. Detwiler, 71, of Manheim, Professor Emeritus of French at Millersville University, died Monday, Sept. 2011 after an illness of one week.
He was born and raised in Lancaster, the son of Byron Y. Detwiler and Kathryn Murphy Detwiler. He attended McCaskey High School and Millersville University and then pursued graduate study at the University of Pennsylvania and in France. He taught at Millersville in the Department of Foreign Languages for many years until his retirement. Byron will be remembered by his many friends and former Millersville colleagues as a gracious host, a superb cook in both the Lancaster County and the French traditions, and a passionate gardener. He will be missed.
He is survived by a brother: Jere K. Detwiler, of Virginia; and a sister: Nancy R. Moore, of Massachusetts.
No services will be held locally. To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.