- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Burnell S. Siegrist 89, farmer, United Zion resident
Burnell S. Siegrist, 89, formerly of Lititz, went home to be with his Lord and Savior on Thursday, March 21, 2013 at United Zion Retirement Community in Lititz.
Born in Manheim Township, he was the son of the late Clarence F. and Mattie Stauffer Siegrist. He was the husband of the late Verna Neff Siegrist for 68 years prior to her passing on June 8, 2012.
Siegrist was an active member of Erb Mennonite Church in Lititz. He was a self-employed farmer in Manheim Township and the surrounding area. He was also employed as a dispatcher by Manheim Auto Auction for 45 years. His interests included listening to music.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by three children: Kenneth L., husband of Elizabeth Harnish Siegrist, of New York; Karen L., wife of J. Mervin Keller, of Maine; and Brenda A. Frey of Lititz; 14 grandchildren; 40 great-grandchildren; and a brother: Clarence Jr., husband of Jane Siegrist, of Neffsville. He was preceded in death by two grandchildren: Dale Siegrist and Janice Keller; and two siblings: Rachel Becker and Mark Siegrist.
A funeral service was held March 26 at Erb Mennonite Church, Lititz, with Pastors Wesley D. Siegrist and Michael S. Zimmerman officiating. Interment was in the adjoining cemetery.
The family requests that flowers please be omitted. If desired, contributions may be made to the United Zion Retirement Community Caring Fund, 722 Furnace Hills Road, Lititz, PA 17543.