- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Blanche Weber 91, Lititz resident, Akron Elementary, VFW employee
Blanche Lucille Weber, 91, of Lititz, entered peacefully into eternity Monday, March 12, 2012 at Pleasant View Retirement Community in Manheim.
Born in Ephrata, she was the daughter of the late Harvey ‘Pete’ and Mary (Gassert) Mentzer. She was married to the late Barton Weber who died in 1992.
She was a lifelong member of Bethany United Church of Christ in Ephrata. A 1939 graduate of the Ephrata High School, she worked in food service for 25 years at the Ephrata VFW and the Akron Elementary School. After retirement she enjoyed traveling with her husband and friends.
Blanche is survived by sons: Peter, husband of Pearla (Ayala) Weber, of Santa Clarita, Calif.; and Tim, husband of Kay (Mumma) Weber, of Lititz; a sister: Romaine Mentzer, of Willow Valley; six grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her brothers: Russell and Lee Mentzer; and a sister: Sarah Ann Kotzman.
The family would like to thank the caregivers at Pleasant View for the kindness shown to Blanche.
Her funeral services were held March 17 at Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata, with Chaplain Lee Damon officiating. Interment will follow in the Groffdale Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Blanche’s memory may be made to Pleasantview Retirement Community, Endowment Fund, 544 North Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.