- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Betty L. Root81, Datcon employee, formerly of Manheim
Betty L. Root, 81, formerly of Manheim, died peacefully surrounded by her family Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012 at the Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in Manheim, she was the daughter of the late Harry and Elsie Moyer Sides.
Betty worked for Datcon Instrument Company East Petersburg. She was a member of Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church Manheim. Her interests included: crocheting, visiting Raystown Lake and spending time with her family.
Surviving are two daughters: Sharon L. wife of Ronald H. Shank; and Connie G., wife of Larry Fetter, all of Manheim; three sons: Dennis R., husband of Cheryl Tracy Waughtel, and Randy L., husband of Gin Lee Waughtel, all of Lancaster; and John K. Jr., husband of Jenny Freed Root, of Manheim; ten grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and a sister: Arlene Steffy, of Lancaster.
Preceding her in death are a son: William D. Waughtel; a granddaughter: Carman Kreider; a son-in-law: Rick Kreider; two brothers: Victor and Lincoln Sides; and a sister: Mildred Graybeal.
Her memorial service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim, on Jan. 22. Interment was private and at the convenience of the family in Hernley Mennonite Cemetery, Rapho Township.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Betty’s memory to the Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, 3026 Mt. Hope Home Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.