- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Betty L. Root81, Datcon employee, formerly of Manheim
Betty L. Root, 81, formerly of Manheim, died peacefully surrounded by her family Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012 at the Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in Manheim, she was the daughter of the late Harry and Elsie Moyer Sides.
Betty worked for Datcon Instrument Company East Petersburg. She was a member of Trinity Evangelical Congregational Church Manheim. Her interests included: crocheting, visiting Raystown Lake and spending time with her family.
Surviving are two daughters: Sharon L. wife of Ronald H. Shank; and Connie G., wife of Larry Fetter, all of Manheim; three sons: Dennis R., husband of Cheryl Tracy Waughtel, and Randy L., husband of Gin Lee Waughtel, all of Lancaster; and John K. Jr., husband of Jenny Freed Root, of Manheim; ten grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; and a sister: Arlene Steffy, of Lancaster.
Preceding her in death are a son: William D. Waughtel; a granddaughter: Carman Kreider; a son-in-law: Rick Kreider; two brothers: Victor and Lincoln Sides; and a sister: Mildred Graybeal.
Her memorial service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim, on Jan. 22. Interment was private and at the convenience of the family in Hernley Mennonite Cemetery, Rapho Township.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Betty’s memory to the Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, 3026 Mt. Hope Home Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.