- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Betty Kilefner82, Lititz resident, church member
Betty J. Kilefner, 82, of Lititz, formerly of Akron, passed away Monday, Aug. 1, 2011 at the United Zion Home.
She was born in Hebron, Lebanon County, to the late Norman and Edna (Daub) Newman.
Betty was a member of the First United Methodist Church, Ephrata.
She is survived by a son: Russell E., husband of Le Ann (Strohl) Kilefner, of Reamstown; two daughters: Karen S., wife of Ricky L. Moyer, of Ephrata; and Susan M., wife of Jeffrey Lynn Spotts, of Townend, Del.; and seven grandchildren: Zachary, Nathaniel, Andrew, Bret, Emily, Ryan and Kyle.
Funeral services were held at the Stradling Funeral Home, Akron, with Rev. Walter Carter officiating. Interment took place in the Mt. Zion Evangelical Cemetery, Akron.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.