- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Betty J. Rice82, resident, avid pinochle player
Betty J. Rice
Betty Jane Rice, 82, of Lititz, passed away Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at home.
She was born in Lancaster County to Charles and Margie (Graybill) Haines. She was the wife of Earl Rice. They celebrated their 65th anniversary on June 8.
Betty loved people and life. She enjoyed her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Playing pinochle was one of her favorite pastimes.
In addition to her husband she is survived by a son: Dale, husband of Bonnie (Yeakel) Rice, of Lititz; three daughters: Andrea, wife of Lincoln Longstaff, of Sabinsville; Tobye, wife of James Satterwhite, of Lititz; and Kelley, wife of Brian Hollow, of Lititz; a brother: Paul, husband of Marlene Haines, of Brickerville; a sister: Thelma Buchter, of Lititz; 10 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
A funeral service was held June 21 at Brunnerville United Methodist Church with the Rev. James Bamberger officiating. Interment took place in Brunnerville United Methodist Cemetery.
Online condolences can be sent to the family at stradlingfuneralhome.com.