- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Betty J. Rice82, resident, avid pinochle player
Betty J. Rice
Betty Jane Rice, 82, of Lititz, passed away Wednesday, June 15, 2011 at home.
She was born in Lancaster County to Charles and Margie (Graybill) Haines. She was the wife of Earl Rice. They celebrated their 65th anniversary on June 8.
Betty loved people and life. She enjoyed her grandchildren and great-grandchildren. Playing pinochle was one of her favorite pastimes.
In addition to her husband she is survived by a son: Dale, husband of Bonnie (Yeakel) Rice, of Lititz; three daughters: Andrea, wife of Lincoln Longstaff, of Sabinsville; Tobye, wife of James Satterwhite, of Lititz; and Kelley, wife of Brian Hollow, of Lititz; a brother: Paul, husband of Marlene Haines, of Brickerville; a sister: Thelma Buchter, of Lititz; 10 grandchildren; and 12 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
A funeral service was held June 21 at Brunnerville United Methodist Church with the Rev. James Bamberger officiating. Interment took place in Brunnerville United Methodist Cemetery.
Online condolences can be sent to the family at stradlingfuneralhome.com.