- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Betty J. Getz86, United Zion resident, homemaker
Betty Jane Getz, 86, of Lancaster, and formerly of Manheim, died peacefully following a brief illness Thursday, June 28, 2012 at the United Zion Retirement Community in Lititz.
Born in Manheim, she was the daughter of the late Thomas Sr. and Cora Keath Hilton. A homemaker, she was the loving wife of Wayne O. Getz, and they observed their 64th wedding anniversary this month.
Betty enjoyed jig-saw puzzles, watching TV and reading the local newspaper.
Surviving in addition to her husband are two sons: Thomas W., husband of Judy Getz, and Michael R. Getz, all of Lancaster; two daughters: Linda S. Lopez, of Lancaster, and Nancy E., wife of Kevin Shelly, of Manheim; six grandchildren; and one great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by a son: Robert T. Getz; and four brothers: John R., Harold C., Kermit and Thomas C. Hilton Jr.
Her funeral service was held at the United Zion Retirement Community Chapel, Lititz, on July 2. Interment took place in Hernley Mennonite Cemetery, Rapho Township.
Those desiring may send contributions in Betty’s memory to United Zion Retirement Community Caring Fund, 422 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.