- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Betty E. Sweitzer91, active Manheim volunteer
Betty E. Sweitzer, 91, formerly of Manheim, died peacefully Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011 at Brethren Village, Lancaster.
Born in York, she was the daughter of the late Elmer and Mazie Emig Overdier. She was the wife of the late Lee Sweitzer, who died in 1975.
Betty worked for several local companies in Lancaster County. Betty was a member of St. Paul’s United Church of Christ in Manheim. She was also a member of the Manheim Historical Society, the Manheim Democratic Club and the Manheim VFW Ladies Auxiliary. Her interests included: puzzles, knitting, reading and swimming, and she was a great tennis fan.
Surviving are a son: Thomas L., husband of Mikel Brewster Sweitzer, of Hummelstown; a daughter: Patricia L., wife of Michael Wolf, of Manheim; three grandchildren: Dustin Wolf, of Manheim; Abbie Mahaffey, of Palmyra; Andrew Sweitzer, of West Chester; and two great-grandchildren: Aidan and Tyler Mahaffey.
Preceding her in death are two sons: Edward and Larry Sweitzer; and a brother: Ed Overdier.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend her graveside service on Dec. 9 at 1 p.m. from the Hernley Mennonite Cemetery 746 Lebanon Road, Manheim.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Betty’s memory to St. Paul’s United Church of Christ Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 129, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.