- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Betty E. Sweitzer91, active Manheim volunteer
Betty E. Sweitzer, 91, formerly of Manheim, died peacefully Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2011 at Brethren Village, Lancaster.
Born in York, she was the daughter of the late Elmer and Mazie Emig Overdier. She was the wife of the late Lee Sweitzer, who died in 1975.
Betty worked for several local companies in Lancaster County. Betty was a member of St. Paul’s United Church of Christ in Manheim. She was also a member of the Manheim Historical Society, the Manheim Democratic Club and the Manheim VFW Ladies Auxiliary. Her interests included: puzzles, knitting, reading and swimming, and she was a great tennis fan.
Surviving are a son: Thomas L., husband of Mikel Brewster Sweitzer, of Hummelstown; a daughter: Patricia L., wife of Michael Wolf, of Manheim; three grandchildren: Dustin Wolf, of Manheim; Abbie Mahaffey, of Palmyra; Andrew Sweitzer, of West Chester; and two great-grandchildren: Aidan and Tyler Mahaffey.
Preceding her in death are two sons: Edward and Larry Sweitzer; and a brother: Ed Overdier.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend her graveside service on Dec. 9 at 1 p.m. from the Hernley Mennonite Cemetery 746 Lebanon Road, Manheim.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Betty’s memory to St. Paul’s United Church of Christ Memorial Fund, P.O. Box 129, Manheim, PA 17545.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.