- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Betty B. Smith82, Heart Group employee, Landis Homes resident
Betty B. Smith, 82, passed away Monday, Feb. 13, 2012 at Landis Homes in Lititz.
Betty was born Feb. 11, 1930 in Shamokin. She was the daughter of Kimber and Lydia (Shoop) Beach.
A devoted Christian, Betty was a member of the Faithful and True Sunday School class of Grace Evangelical Congregational Church for more than 50 years.
While raising her family, Betty worked nine years as library secretary at Conestoga Valley High School and later was employed by Dr. Charles Heisterkamp. After 17 years as a medical records clerk for The Heart Group in Lancaster, she retired. In her retirement, she volunteered at the Mennonite Central Committee.
Betty’s love of family and travel took her to many places from the Atlantic to the Pacific Coasts, Hawaii, Hong Kong and Japan. Her smiling blue eyes, lively laughter and loyal friendship endeared her to all.
Betty was preceded in death by her parents; two sisters: Helen and Margaret; and four brothers: Jack, Chester, William and Robert.
Survivors include her son: D. Scott, husband of Nancy, of Johns Creek, Ga.; daughter: JerryAnn, wife of Michael Nellestein, of St. Joseph, Mo.; brother: Richard, husband of Dorothy Beach, of Ephrata; grandchildren: Lesley, wife of Chris Rainosek; Ashley Smith, fiancÃ© of Nate Charlton; and Andrew and Emily Nellestein; great-grandson: Warren Rainosek; and numerous nieces, nephews and cherished friends.
Services will be held on Feb. 25 at 11 a.m. at Landis Homes, West Bethany Chapel, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, officiated by Dr. Michael Kane (great nephew). Interment will take place in Mellingers Mennonite Cemetery.
The family suggests memorial contributions to Landis Homes Caring Fund, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543. To send an online condolence to the family, visit kasnyderfuneralhome.com.