- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Betty B. Hill80, loved playing cards with the ‘fam’
Betty B. Hill, 80, of Lititz, went to be with her Lord and Savior Thursday, June 21, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County.
Born in Drumore, she was the daughter of the late Gyles H. and Esther M. Hambleton Brown.
She was a homemaker and later a machine operator at Ark Products of Willow Street. She also worked for Wackenhut Security in Lititz until her retirement.
She was a member of Mt. Zion United Methodist Church in Peach Bottom. The matriarch of five generations, Betty was a strong and loving person. She enjoyed spending time with her friends and family and going to the race track to watch the horses run. Betty also loved to sing, which she did so often, no matter where she was. Playing cards with the "fam" and just being together was her favorite thing to do.
She will be lovingly missed by her two daughters: Cathy A. Seachrist, of Lancaster; and Rhonda J., wife of Robert Miller, of Lititz. Betty is survived by two brothers: John Brown, of Milton; and James Brown, of Ephrata; and also four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by a son: Vaughn Hill Jr.
Funeral services were held on June 25 at the Mt. Zion United Methodist Church, Peach Bottom. Interment took place in the church cemetery.
Contributions may be made in Betty’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or hospiceoflancaster.org.
To send an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.