- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Bette L. Zimmerman 84, formerly of Lititz, IU 13 school bus driver
Bette L. Zimmerman, 84, of Boyertown, formerly of Lititz, wife of the late Marvin M. Zimmerman, passed away Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Attrenis T. and Lydia (Miller) Zook.
Bette designed and built four houses, including an adobe home in New Mexico. She was an avid artist and ran her own school bus driving business for IU 13 in Lancaster County. She was also actively involved in her community church choir and chamber music ensemble in Cedar Crest, New Mexico.
Surviving are daughters: Mary Kae (Zimmerman) Coy and Lisa M. (Zimmerman) Steele; sons: Gerald A. and Dean A. Zimmerman; 11 grandchildren; four great- grandchildren; three sisters; and one brother.
A memorial service was celebrated Sept. 22 at New Life Bible Fellowship Church, Oley. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in Bette’s memory to Mountain Side United Methodist Church, 4 Penny Lane, Cedar Crest, NM 87008.
Catagnus Funeral Home & Cremation Center Inc., 1020 E. Philadelphia Ave., Gilbertsville is in charge of arrangements.
View obituaries or send condolences at catagnusfuneralhomes.com.