- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Bette L. Zimmerman 84, formerly of Lititz, IU 13 school bus driver
Bette L. Zimmerman, 84, of Boyertown, formerly of Lititz, wife of the late Marvin M. Zimmerman, passed away Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Attrenis T. and Lydia (Miller) Zook.
Bette designed and built four houses, including an adobe home in New Mexico. She was an avid artist and ran her own school bus driving business for IU 13 in Lancaster County. She was also actively involved in her community church choir and chamber music ensemble in Cedar Crest, New Mexico.
Surviving are daughters: Mary Kae (Zimmerman) Coy and Lisa M. (Zimmerman) Steele; sons: Gerald A. and Dean A. Zimmerman; 11 grandchildren; four great- grandchildren; three sisters; and one brother.
A memorial service was celebrated Sept. 22 at New Life Bible Fellowship Church, Oley. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in Bette’s memory to Mountain Side United Methodist Church, 4 Penny Lane, Cedar Crest, NM 87008.
Catagnus Funeral Home & Cremation Center Inc., 1020 E. Philadelphia Ave., Gilbertsville is in charge of arrangements.
View obituaries or send condolences at catagnusfuneralhomes.com.