- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Bette L. Zimmerman 84, formerly of Lititz, IU 13 school bus driver
Bette L. Zimmerman, 84, of Boyertown, formerly of Lititz, wife of the late Marvin M. Zimmerman, passed away Saturday, Sept. 15, 2012.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Attrenis T. and Lydia (Miller) Zook.
Bette designed and built four houses, including an adobe home in New Mexico. She was an avid artist and ran her own school bus driving business for IU 13 in Lancaster County. She was also actively involved in her community church choir and chamber music ensemble in Cedar Crest, New Mexico.
Surviving are daughters: Mary Kae (Zimmerman) Coy and Lisa M. (Zimmerman) Steele; sons: Gerald A. and Dean A. Zimmerman; 11 grandchildren; four great- grandchildren; three sisters; and one brother.
A memorial service was celebrated Sept. 22 at New Life Bible Fellowship Church, Oley. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made in Bette’s memory to Mountain Side United Methodist Church, 4 Penny Lane, Cedar Crest, NM 87008.
Catagnus Funeral Home & Cremation Center Inc., 1020 E. Philadelphia Ave., Gilbertsville is in charge of arrangements.
View obituaries or send condolences at catagnusfuneralhomes.com.