- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Bessie R. Mishler91, factory seamstress, Brunnerville Bible school teacher
Bessie R. Mishler, 91, of Lititz, went to be with the Lord Monday, April 30, 2012 at the Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in Durlach, she was the daughter of the late Isaac and Mabel Reider Steinmetz. She was married to the late John F. Mishler who died in 1999.
Bessie worked as a seamstress at various garment factories. She was a member of the Brunnerville United Methodist Church, where she was a Bible school teacher, church treasurer, Sunday School secretary and choir member. Bessie was also a member of the Leisure Hours Club, Brickerville, and she enjoyed embroidery and was an avid hand quilter.
Surviving are three daughters: F. Lorraine Boyer, of Lititz; Anna Mary Patterson, of Lititz; Delores Mertz, of Elizabethtown; nine grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
Bessie was preceded in death by a daughter: Joyce Clemens; a grandson: Tim Boyer; three brothers; and two sisters.
The family wishes to thank the staff at Pleasant View for the loving care given to their mother.
Bessie’s life celebration service was held at Brunnerville United Methodist Church, Lititz, on May 4 with Rev. Steven W. Rodgers officiating. Interment took place in Brunnerville United Methodist Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Endowment Fund of Pleasant View Retirement Community, 544 N. Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Bessie, visit lifecelebration.com.