- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Bessie R. Mishler91, factory seamstress, Brunnerville Bible school teacher
Bessie R. Mishler, 91, of Lititz, went to be with the Lord Monday, April 30, 2012 at the Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim.
Born in Durlach, she was the daughter of the late Isaac and Mabel Reider Steinmetz. She was married to the late John F. Mishler who died in 1999.
Bessie worked as a seamstress at various garment factories. She was a member of the Brunnerville United Methodist Church, where she was a Bible school teacher, church treasurer, Sunday School secretary and choir member. Bessie was also a member of the Leisure Hours Club, Brickerville, and she enjoyed embroidery and was an avid hand quilter.
Surviving are three daughters: F. Lorraine Boyer, of Lititz; Anna Mary Patterson, of Lititz; Delores Mertz, of Elizabethtown; nine grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
Bessie was preceded in death by a daughter: Joyce Clemens; a grandson: Tim Boyer; three brothers; and two sisters.
The family wishes to thank the staff at Pleasant View for the loving care given to their mother.
Bessie’s life celebration service was held at Brunnerville United Methodist Church, Lititz, on May 4 with Rev. Steven W. Rodgers officiating. Interment took place in Brunnerville United Methodist Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be sent to Endowment Fund of Pleasant View Retirement Community, 544 N. Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
Spacht Funeral Home, Lititz, has been entrusted with the arrangements. To share fondest memories of Bessie, visit lifecelebration.com.